intro

A random series of articles on war gaming in 40K, FOW and other systems. The headings are, WiP; Conversions and models in various states of assembly. PiP; Paint works on various models. Mission Critical; scenarios or missions to bring a bit of a twist to a normal game. MiA; rules for units and characters that could/should/might appear in a game. Dig In; How to guides on making various types of terrain for different game systems. Sit Rep; Battle reports and after action reports on games played

Thursday, January 19, 2017

(pIp) The saga of painting my little ponies

Welsh cavalry Versus Norse Gael raiders

At first glance the Gripping Beasts cavalry for SAGA are a bit f*ugly but with a lick of paint they look pretty good I think. I tried to them theme on autumnal warriors with a mix reds, browns , orange yellows

Warriors at rest
Methods
For something new I tried to use the airbrush from than just a base coat but bottled it at the masking step. Also I played around with some Autumn foliage (deads leaves come from PK pro)

I am thinking of doing a Strathclyde Welsh warband in 2017 in Co Clare GAA colors. Partly to force myself to use the airbrush from more than base coating.  Partly in memory of recent trip home were we stuck on a horse cart pulled, by arguably, the most flatulent pony on Inish Mor.

Warriors on the charge

That is all for now thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Frank O Donnell said...

They look great mate, I gave up on the airbrush a long time back as it seemed (with me at any rate) that I spent more time cleaning it that anything else.

Dakeryus said...

The clean part is a bit of a pain but once you get the method down it is not that bad. I think 99% of my base coating now is with an airbrush plus i plan to start using it more for terrain.

Post a Comment