intro

A random series of articles on war gaming in 40K, FOW and other systems. The headings are, WiP; Conversions and models in various states of assembly. PiP; Paint works on various models. Mission Critical; scenarios or missions to bring a bit of a twist to a normal game. MiA; rules for units and characters that could/should/might appear in a game. Dig In; How to guides on making various types of terrain for different game systems. Sit Rep; Battle reports and after action reports on games played

Thursday, December 20, 2012

PiP (fow): Fallschirmjäger in Winter

Winter warfare is in this season

Inspired by sixtwentyeight' blog and Battlefront's recent Volksgrenadier release I decide to try to make up some winter themed Fallschirmjaeger. 15mm conversions, I think, a bit of pain. most people see the bases first then decide if they want to check out the figures. That said I think there is something like 30 headswaps and green stuff greatcoats. The figures are mostly Battlefronts with a couple of Skytrex models thrown in for variety

What worked

-The trees come from woodland scenic small trees pack. the branch were snipped of to make some smaller trees it added to the woodland theme.
- Green stuff greatcoats were easy to make and re-enforced the winter theme
- Army painter's winter tufts added to the realism

What did not work
-Mustang games systems 15mm helmet decal. 15mm decals for helmets, cool. I really like the idea and the decals were easier to apply than I thought. However, they did not seem to look right and I pulled them of in the end.. 

What I am not sure about
-The head swaps. I really like the idea of personalizing your army, head swaps are a quick and easy to do this. However I think I should pinned them better to the model I suspect one or two will not stand to the rigours on combat.




















1 comment:

Frank O Donnell said...

Very nice work Darra they look great.

Post a Comment