intro

A random series of articles on war gaming in 40K, FOW and other systems. The headings are, WiP; Conversions and models in various states of assembly. PiP; Paint works on various models. Mission Critical; scenarios or missions to bring a bit of a twist to a normal game. MiA; rules for units and characters that could/should/might appear in a game. Dig In; How to guides on making various types of terrain for different game systems. Sit Rep; Battle reports and after action reports on games played

Monday, January 14, 2019

What is the plan for 2019

L' assassino Poldercon 2019

I do not normally do a plan for year thing, I suspect as soon as it is written down fate conspires to make it obsolete. But what the hell,

For 2019 I would like to...

Hmm, I wonder if can I 3d print some buildings for seven years war 
….Build more terrain
I am planning on making one day a week a terrain day and spend at least one hour per week on terrain. I think I am spending too much time painting and it is becoming a chore rather than a hobby. I seem to oscillate between paying someone to paint miniatures or accepting it and do it myself. But regardless I want to spend more time making terrain. "Men who would be Kings" steam boats 18th century town/fortress, cursader era city and all under consideration

Martin's fleet sailing towards tactica
….Run a campaign
I really like the sense of continuity you get from a campaign. In my mind it reads like a great TV show eg previously on the campaign things happened now we play through the repercussions. I moved country last year so I am trying to rebuild the player base and see what type of campaign people would like to play. 

St Lucia coastline
… finish the American war of independence/imaginations project in 18mm.
At present I have only six brigades left to paint. It’s about five hundred and forty figures (now maybe it clearer why I browning out painting). Although I thinking about re-basing everything :) Smaller bases means I could get more figures on to the table for the debatably low price of my sanity. I am also considering how to morph the figues into either early revolution wars France and seven years war Prussia.


...Model some Caribbean Sharp Practice
Some what related to the AWI project I would like to make more progress on my Caribbean sharp practice project. Most of the French are assembled but need paint, Haitians and British are not far behind. But terrain needs work i think it would be interesting to do 18th century skirmish in the jungle

… do more Wargames shows. Compared to Dresden there are considerable more shows accessible from my new house. And I plan to take advantage of this. Shows so far I plan to attend poldercon (Netherlands), Tactica (Germany), Salut (England), Speil Essen (Germany) and Crisis (Belgium).  To spice thing up I will be umpiring games of la Assassino at poldercon then later in the month be umpiring fighting sails at Tactica.

 All in all things look busy for 2019 but no doubt they will change before the end of the year.

That is all for now thanks for stopping by




  

2 comments:

Frank O Donnell said...

Good luck with it all mate & I would agree on switching time between painting & terrain stuff, since we had our game I've been mostly painting models but to give me a break I also put together a cargo ship I've had for a couple of years, & talking of boats if you want to see the paddle boat hit the link :)
https://nickelandimeproductions.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-phantom-jungle.html

Dakeryus said...

I like the steamer Franco. I just need to build a river for it to sail up

Post a Comment