...Is that there is hundreds of them to paint. Well 130 actually. The Plastic soldier company 15mm russians finally get some attention and painted. For 18.00 euro I got 24 stands of dudes. That is an over sized late war company or any under sized mid war company depending on the day. I also about twenty dudes left over but there is only so many man pointing models you can use.
You get five of these in the box
(using just Valejo paints)
- models were made and stuck to some plastic card cut to size.
- The models were then undercoat grey (its the new black).
- The models were base coated a water down khaki.
- Helmets were painted russian green
- Guns and handles were painted flat brown.
- SMG,grenades and MMG were painted oil steel
- Hands and faces were painted flat flesh
- Backpacks and pouches for each platoon was painted a different shade of brown to act as unit markings.
- The whole model was given a wash of smoke.
- The based was covered in wood filler (which dries brown and provide texture)
- Scatter grass was then glue in patches to the base.
I think there are at least four 15mm ww2 manufacturers in this photo